When Wendys were Walters “and ships were made of wood”… Or put another way—when Bobs & Dons were Raymonds & Laurens: the synths were wrought of glowing glass tubes and VCAs shaped the sound as well as controlled it.
Trogotronic issued m/277 high-gain Vacuum Tube Stereo VCA without sonic compromise. Tube Harmonics, Bass-Heavy Compression & Stereo Imaging are applied with 2 Discrete High-Voltage VCA Circuits. The new v4 m/277 is entirely redesigned delivering higher voltage, dead-quiet crystalline performance directly from your euro-rack power supply.
m/277 Tube Analog VCA delivers:
- 2 Tube VCAs
- 2 CV Amplitude Inputs with Attenuator Knobs (1 per channel)
- 2 CV Drive Inputs with Attenuator Knobs (1 per channel)
- 1 CV Master Panning Input & Manual Knob Control
- 1 CV Master Panning-Drive Input & Manual Knob Control
- Ample gain for use as a Stereo External Input Preamplifier
- Zero to +5 volt CV-Range compatible w/most LFOs, Envelopes etc.
- Warm Tube-Harmonics
- Compression with Low-End Enhancement
- Compelling Stereo Imaging
- Pannable Stereo High-Gain Tube-Overdrive Effect
- Warms cold digital effects & low-voltage solid-state signals
- Optional High-Current Power Supply = low impact on your rack’s “built-in” supply
- 4 CV Lamps: 2 Blue (Amplitude A & B) / 2 Red (Drive A & B)
- 2 Slovakian Max. Gain, Twin-Triode Vacuum Tube run at high-voltage
- Plug & Play Compatible w/ Alternate Tubes for Auxiliary Sonic Profiles
Demand on the +12v tap is 720mA for the first 10 seconds of warm up. Too much demand on rack’s available current? Being of a thrifty subhuman stock we made sure to continue offering an optional auxiliary supply which takes ALL current demand off of your rack’s +12v rail rendering a ZEROmA load on this rail when implemented!
Use at the end of a patch: Rich tube harmonics & brawny compressed low-end add warmth to your cold digital effects / signals while reinforcing plastic sounding low voltage analog sound.
Use to portray mono signals as vast stereo audio panoramas: The 2 discrete channels run in parallel add depth to mono signals with organic stereo imaging built into the circuit. The same mono signal can be dynamically panned & effected via the Pan CV Input & corresponding knob control.
Use as a stereo overdrive effect: The Drive CV inputs are discrete (1 for each channel independent of the other) enabling the module to be used as 2 separate CV controlled tube overdrive effects. The Pan Drive CV Input / Control makes the creation of dynamically panning stereo overdrive effects via CV Drive a cinch.
Use as external input stereo preamplifier: Gain afforded by the m/277 is more than adequate to make even the tiny signal of a guitar or microphone patched comparable with modular line levels.
Video Samples (v4 Videos Coming Soon):
- Depth 2.25″
- +12v rail Startup peak current 720ma; avg. 390ma (0mA w/optional Aux. Supply)
- -12v rail peak current 3ma
- +5v rail peak current 22ma
- 12vDC Aux. Power Supply: Optional
All Trogotronic instruments come complete with pretty much everything needed to “plug & play”. Still, herein are replacement parts should ever something go missing (plus a few extra options should ever such a fancy strike).